Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My Not-Script on Not-Mediums

Well I have to admit my "script" for the final video is far from detailed. I'm amassing a lot of research, and while I look forward to filtering through it all and piecing together a coherent product, at this point my interests are still too scattered to pinpoint one central theme or storyline.

In general, my video will chronicling the use of entheogens as a medium of transcendent communication throughout human history, including the present usage and future potential for these compounds.

My lack of focus stems from the fact that pre- and early-historical doping is just as fascinating and pertinent as the possible integration of these ancient drugs into future technologies like advanced artificial intelligence. I'm certain, however, that I want my project to be optimistic in the face of an oppressive government. While my lifetime will most likely end before the government implements fully-funded entheogenic research, I strongly believe that this mystical medium will play a crucial role in the further evolution of our species.

That's what makes this subject so damn alluring and yet imposing in its breadth. Ancient shamanism, the LSD-inspired counterculture movement of 1960's America, and the visions of science fiction all can be interconnected through entheogens. In short, I wish to set out and prove that this ego-shattering medium (or perhaps "not-medium") has played a much more significant role in our species' existence than mainstream education has allowed humanity to realize.

0 comments:

Post a Comment